Sunday, September 7, 2008

I made a very important decision. I thought about it a lot. I talked to family and friends before making this final choice. It was hard but today I decided that I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life.

I take that back. It was misleading. I know exactly what I want to do with my life. I want to do what I was made to do. I want to serve, teach, help, build, guide, and love. Most importantly, I want to worship my savior by helping others. The problem is that I do not know how to even begin to do these things. I do not know where I am supposed to do these things. I feel such an urge and conviction to do something, but I just can not figure out what that something is.

I think I need to work on the scope of the thesis statement for my life. Right now it is overwhelmingly wide. I do not have enough time to do everything that I wish I could do. I know that focusing on everything will not do any good for anything.

Now I realize that maybe the problem is not that I do not know what I want to do and how to do it. Maybe the problem is that I am not searching for what God wants me to do and how He wants me to do it. Maybe I just need a little faith. As Oswald Chambers once said, "Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading." My knowledge of Him and my love for Him continue to grow greater everyday. I am just having trouble combining that knowledge and love with the faith that I will eventually end up where He wants me to be.

0 comments: