Friday, September 5, 2008

After realizing that I am indeed not smarter than a 5th grader, I decided that reading would be much more productive than watching television. So, I retreated to my room to begin the adventure that is "Blue Like Jazz." I will admit that I started the book some time ago and never got around to finishing it. I thought that it at least deserved a decent chance. Around the sixth chapter, I could not help thinking about something else..

I am not too sure what has come over me lately. I have never been one to be classified as a "Jesus freak." So, when my roommate alluded to the fact that I had started to scare her the slightest bit, it really got me thinking about my relationship with God. I have discovered that I long for such a joy and peace in Christ that some would find quite incapable of being attained. I have this newly implanted desire to be completely fulfilled in Him. And I have to say that I am, to some degree, glad that others can see this in me. My pastor remarked last Wednesday that he loved to see young people with a twinkle in their eye. I jokingly noted that it was just the street lamp shining from behind him, all the while secretly hoping that maybe he does see some sort of twinkle in my eyes.

If only I felt like I had to the strength to be the change I wish to see in the world..

0 comments: