Monday, January 31, 2011

Here's a little something from the 15 year old me.. I still feel like it accurately describes just who I am today. Maybe that's a good thing. It means that my goals and values haven't changed. Even with age, I have kept that same naive belief that I can actually make a difference. Or maybe that's a bad thing. In six years, have I not accomplished anything? There's nothing I could go back to my 15 year old self and tell her that she does get what she wants? Definitely something to think about..

"I'm just a normal person like all of you...living everyday sometimes wishing it was my last. I'm confused and searching for something I'm not so sure I'll find. A purpose for me here. What exactly I'm supposed to be doing. How I'm going to make a difference to somebody...anybody. But I'm also hoping. Hoping that I make the right choice. And hoping that somehow I do make a difference in somebody's life. And I'm wanting. Wanting somebody special to spend my time with. Somebody thats everything I need and more. I'm wanting to know how my life will turn out in the end. Wanting to know if I'll look back on everything I've done and laugh. And even with all this concern...right now I'm smiling. Smiling because I know I've done well so far. Smiling because I know I'll do my best. Smiling because I know God already has it all planned out. And even though it's tough sometimes. Even though I find it hard to smile sometimes. I know that it's all worth it because I will make that difference. Even if it is just a difference in my own life."

0 comments: